Thursday, April 14, 2011

Episode One Shaping Up

Fucking copyright law.  So, a complete lapse in judgment led me to neglect the little issue of receiving copyright permission for using band's material on my podcast.  My bad.  So, for the past few days, I've set about trying to secure said permission and have thus far received the green light from half of the bands I had scheduled for the first episode...of the other six, one has already been replaced and the other five haven't gotten back to me yet.  Luckily, I also began securing permission from bands I had planned to include on the second episode, so some last minute shifting may become necessary.

HUGE thanks to those that got back to me - you've made it much easier on me, especially seeing that the whole first episode was pretty much scripted.

One of the goals of doing this podcast was to expose myself to some Americana/XXX Country that I wasn't previously aware of and as I sit here I'm listening to some advance tracks from Jim Strange's upcoming full-length and thinking "this is why I wanted to do this."  It's amazing.  I got hold of his demo years ago somehow and happened to find him on Facebook and was really psyched to get a hold of some of his new stuff.   Be sure to head over to http://www.myspace.com/theproudandthedamned and check him out...he's really, really good and will most certainly be on the second podcast and will be first in line to be added to the first if I need to redecorate the playlist.  Also props to Filthy Still who have proven to be cool as shit and will also be on Episode 2.

K, that's all for now.  The first piece of shit will be recorded within the next week or so and should be posted quickly thereafter.  Peace out.

C

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you can check out my stuff
    reverbnation.com/lowrange

    i like your idea, and cause. keep it rolling

    ReplyDelete